Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

I just want to let you know that the OctotypeDX test results indicated that my chance of recurrence of the breast cancer was slightly higher than originally thought, therefore I will start chemotherapy on Friday of this week. I'll have four infusions (one every three weeks). The program is crappy in that I'll lose my hair but I should be able to work and hopefully not get 'chemo brain', so that I can't write and 'think'.

I'm bummed but doing okay. I'll start chemotherapy on Friday and try to get it over with as quickly as possible.

On a positive note, Marc was accepted to the School of Music at the University of Iowa and will get a Masters in Conducting. As part of the program he will have a graduate assistant position and teach, including working with the marching band. How great is that?!!! Dima easily found a post-doctorate position, so they will finally live together after five years of marriage.

Brian and Yanni's baby is doing well and we are enjoying her too.

I'm sorry to share the bad news about the need for chemotherapy but I should be back to good health in a few months.

Love,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment