Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

Today is the start of the last eight days of radiation treatment as well as the switch from full breast radiation treatment to what is referred to as the ‘boost’, where the radiation rays are directed only where the cancer was removed. My breast is red, sore and sometimes itches but the doctor says it looks “good”. I’m extremely tired by afternoon.

I had another blood test yesterday and all my numbers are within the normal range. This is the second consecutive time blood levels are within normal limits since surgery in February.

My hair is a little longer everyday but my eye lashes have all but disappeared and my eye brows have thinned considerably. I couldn’t be more surprised by this happening so late after my last chemotherapy treatment which was 8 weeks ago.

All in all I’m looking forward to the end of my trips to the hospital for radiation treatments and a return of energy and hair!

Love,

Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment