Thursday, February 12, 2009

Hello Family,

I'm sending this to everyone in the family that I have email addresses. I would like to get a letter out to everyone however I don't know when I'll have time, so please share this with family. Mom knows because she called me the day I found out.

I want to let you know that I have been diagnosed with breast cancer. It is a small tumor (8mm), well differentiated, and ER/PR positive. I will need to have a lumpectomy, lymph nodes checked and then follow up with six weeks of radiation treatment + hormonal treatment. I had a MRI yesterday and nothing additional showed up so I think I found the lump early.

My breast cancer isn't genetic, so there is no fear for Anne or anyone else in the family.

I'm fine and I'll write more later.

Love,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment