Saturday, April 4, 2009

Update

Family and Friends,

I don't think you'll hear from me again for another couple of weeks as it looks like I'm over the hump with side effects from the chemotherapy. As I mentioned on Wednesday (post 5 days from first chemotherapy) my brain cleared and I started to feel normal. The neulasta injection caused a lot of bone pain and most nights I'm not sleeping but it is tolerable. Hair loss is due late next week, so I have a wig in waiting. I may write you about the hair loss - it depends on how tramautic it is.

I want to let you know that I had some really exciting news on April 1st. As most of you know Linda Ferris and I wrote two manuscripts in the mid to late 90's in regard to caring for cancer patients. One we self-published and one is now its in 10th revision. The former was called Pocket Full of Miracles. We never sold many so we've been giving them out to our patients at Cancer Care Associates and many times over the years people contacted me with positive comments about the book and asking for copies for friends. I thought a lot about it two summer's ago when Anne's friend Stephanie was bed side with her mother who was dying of breast cancer. Stephanie shared how she would sit by her mother and read the book. It still brings tears to me when I think about it. I thought then that if that little book could provide some comfort to people may be I should try to get it published again. We sent the book to 30 agents and publishing companies and one bought it. It was just released this week and can be found on amazon.com under the new title: Coping with Cancer: A Patient Pocket Book. I find it so ironic that the book should just now get published when I'm struggling with my own cancer. I guess God does work in mysterious ways.

I so appreciate your prayers and support.

Warmly,
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment