Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tuesday brain cleared....

Family and Friends,

My brain finally cleared on Tuesday (day 4 following chemotherapy). It was like a veil hanging over me so that I couldn't think well. I was most bothered by that. The nausea was like being pregnant with Brian (I had no nausea with Anne and Marc - just Brian), where nothing tasted good and things that I really, really enjoy like coffee aren't appealing. Despite the lack luster appetite, I ate so that I would have energy (or habit). My appetite returned last night for dinner and it's better this morning but not 100%.

The Neulasta subq injection was given on Monday morning. Neulasta will keep my white blood cell count appropriate to fight infections. Although they said it is thick and might hurt when given - I really didn't feel pain. The Neulasta causes bone pain and I do have pain in my chest. Last night I woke frequently and had to go to the bathroom; it was like all the liquids my body gathered over the past few days were finally leaving my body.

All in all I'm okay and I can work but I totally understand that I've received some major chemotherapy. No doubt about it.

Thanks for caring - and keep the prayers coming.
Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment