Thursday, July 30, 2009

Dear Family and Friends,

Not much time to ‘talk’ this morning. I’m done with my 30 minutes of exercise. I finally made it back to two miles. It’s really hard some days to get up and actually just ‘Do It’ – put the shorts and top on, lace the sneakers and step on the treadmill. Nothing fun about it and I often have excuses about why I should be doing something else; e.g. paying bills; practicing for my lecture…things like that.

I want to mention how I met someone at the office yesterday who reads my blog. She was about a month ahead of me in getting through the breast cancer treatment – just completing radiation and her hair was a little longer than mine. We hugged and then she said how much my writing helped her as she was going through the treatment. Specifically she said ‘I felt I wasn’t alone.’ I was so touched by that statement. It is true with this cancer that, although millions are diagnosed with cancer every year and many of us have great support from family and friends, it does feel like we’re doing it alone.

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love,

Veronica

No comments:

Post a Comment